Old 08-24-2019, 05:35 PM
  # 316 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Hi So Hard

Yeah I don't agree with your characterisation of the thread as a cushy womens support group /coffee clutch crew not offering any real support.

I appreciate your concern for Tatsy is real, but I'm gonna leave you swinging in the breeze on that one bud - sorry.

Support comes in a variety of different guises and colours. We all have our different ways of interacting and sharing our experiences.

It takes a village, and it makes sense to me for that village not to made up of the same one recovery method or support template.

my AV pounced upon the words of well meaning, kind hearted folks, who related their own experiences: that they couldn’t stop and stay stopped under their own power, that they needed outside agencies, etc. Thereby weakening my resolve that I had the power over what to place in my mouth (and feeding my AV).

I've known Tatsy for a long time, and I'm sure she'll agree I've seen her get a little lost in recovery method wars.

I'm making the suggestion that her AV would not be above using that focus on different methods to seperate her from good advice, or support.

That may be an unnecessary suggestion, who knows - I hope it's totally superfluous.

I’m disturbed that the coffee clutch crew is now not coming back to say how excited they are that she has found a way of thought that she thinks can work for her. It’s not supposed to be about the other posters right now. It’s supposed to be about Tatsy. She feels good. She feels like she is set up for success. And she has my 100% support for that. With the exception of Hawkeye and Anna, why isn’t everyone applauding this? The fact that she hasn’t gotten that round of applause and affirmation has made it clear to me that what she said in her thread was accurate.
I've interacted with Tatsy on other threads too, not just this one

I don't think I've been stingey with the congrats, but if I have - congrats again Tatsy

I didn't follow any method when I got sober. I don't mind how Tatsy gets and stays sober so long as she does.

D