View Single Post
Old 08-24-2019, 08:59 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  
Fearlessat50

Grateful Rose got to see the ballet
Grateful FBL is being looked after, and for good doctors
Grateful RZ is ok today
Grateful Hev is walking the shelter dogs and for Aly’s, least’s and everyone else’s support of animals
Love what Hev said about each day being a new chance
Grateful Deserto gets to go to the lake with his dog
Grateful I have never experienced a migraine. The only headache I have ever had was associated with hangovers, and those types were even rare. I was affected more with stomach issues and vomiting. Love and support to all those who suffer from migraines. I have a couple offline friends who get them too

Grateful to have gotten through yesterday without drinking. The urge passed quickly. But my son is still my greatest trigger, if and when I experience them. It’s been a long time since he’s had a bad meltdown. We stopped counting the days. Maybe almost a year ago? He went into a rage yesterday. Long story. He has anger issues. Grateful husband and I stayed calm and were a united front. Grateful to let things settle, then have a loving and productive conversation with son. Grateful to see him taking ownership and instead of denying and deflecting like he used to. Grateful he was receptive and open to our ideas as well as came up with his own plan for learning from this incident.
Grateful that as we talked, I realized I was using some of what I have learned on secular twelve steps from both Russell Brands book and the One Breath at a Time book to help my son. The twelve steps really work for everything, not just alcoholism. It’s all about emotional sobriety, which to me is just like emotional intelligence. You don’t have to be an addict or alcoholic to benefit from these concepts
Grateful to reflect on progress, despite sometimes regressions
Grateful that I am a much better person and parent being sober
Grateful for mindfulness
Grateful my husband is such a good dad. Our son has sensory issues that have created a bit of an eating disorder. He also had food allergies. When we find something he likes, we tend to go out of our way to get that item again. He loves this GF sourdough bread that is only in two stores three towns over. My husband spent a couple hours out of his day to get more of it since the first store only had one loaf. We always buy in bulk and freeze it since it’s like a day trip doing this errand
Grateful for what challenges in parenting, and specifically Aspergers parenting has taught me
Grateful for each of you and our sober journey together