Thread: Update on XABF
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 02:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Schne

Update on XABF

I say X because he is now sitting in county jail looking at domestic battery charges. Monday evening he was drunk, loud, and belligerent and became physical with me, I had no other choice than to call police. While I had him locked out of the house on the patio he threw a patio chair into the pool and attempted to break the patio glass door.

After meeting with the states attorney the recommendation from the state will be “drug court”. I’m fine with that but he will be homeless unless he can find a shelter or halfway house and he will soon be without a vehicle should he not find a job and pay his car payment. I have a temporary injunction to keep him from coming back to my house. The police advised it since he “resides” at my house and Florida law is contradictory with DV charges being heavy handed but tenant rights being soft.

I have packed all all his clothing, shoes, toiletries and office stuff. He will have to come by with a deputy to pick up his belongings and car.

DV arrests with injuries are mandatory 5 days in county jail. Tonight makes it the fifth night.

For any newcomers to this forum please heed the advise given and don’t believe it can’t happen to you, that yours has never shown violent tendencies or it’s only verbal abuse. All I can say is I’m thankful the police nor the state attorney didn’t feel it necessary to have DCF get involved. This is already a mess, with a lot of court dates and paper work and anxiety over not knowing what will become of XABF.

The states attorney did say what becomes of him is his own doing and it is out of my hands now.