View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 04:41 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Thursdays

Hi trail mix- yes, our original agreement was that I would buy him out at a certain price and he would sign a quit claim on the deed. I don’t know if he’s going to agree to that now- maybe he will- maybe we will have to negotiate. Maybe it will be so spiteful and contentious that we will have to go to arbitration and get a ruling from the courts. Maybe the courts will force us to sell the house and we will split the proceeds. I really hope the last one doesn’t happen, but I don’t know. I’ve thought about all the possibilities (I think, but I could be wrong). Now it’s just more sitting around and waiting and deep breathing.
I’ve also thought about him possibly aiming for alimony and I really really hope that, since he’s educated and skilled and has worked before that a court would not agree to that. He can’t touch my investments as they were premarital and I don’t have much in my jobs 401k, but who knows. I’m taking a risk but I really want him to prove his sobriety so maybe that was a big mistake. I don’t know.