View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 07:52 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

I started the thread for anyone who felt like a cross addiction was causing severe issues in their life after alcohol sobriety.

It’s turned somewhat into a diet thread, but it is still simply for cross addiction.

I haven’t gone back to keto myself either...

Today I was bouldering and weight training for an hour, it was glorious. I was red and panting and drenched in sweat and high on endorphins, I seemed to have strength for days today. I’ve been off keto for a few days and I haven’t had a workout like that in weeks. Since I can’t seem to avoid the gym....as it is my antidepressant and also just fun for me, I’m leaning toward eating in a way to support performance. I’m thinking of getting a dexa scan. I have a lot of muscle and I can see it, so I’m wondering if I’m stupidly focusing on weight when my muscle to fat ratio is likely not what I think it is. I don’t like being muscular aesthetically really, but I deeply love being this strong, and I think just maybe that’s going to tip the diet scale for me...today I used my fitness pal and it was interesting to try to meet what I’m supposed to have, with vitamin C, protein, potassium, etc. I’m going to try to move in the direction of mental and physical health here, as I feel my thinking has really gotten way off track.

Anyway: anyone who struggles with compulsions after sobriety belongs in this thread.