View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 06:50 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
AnvilheadII

i'm not sure that in the midst of mediation and divorce, now is the best time to try and secure a home loan? just seems awfully wiggly. since you are not separated OR divorced, acquiring more debt, such as a home with a deed seems a very risky. acquiring more assets at THIS time just to ME seems like a bad bad plan.

you don't even truly know what the state of your finances ARE at this point. he keeps draining the account but is not putting anything IN.

i am not an accountant nor a financial planner, but i have managed my finances quite successfully. you need to preserve funds, protect them, get them as far out of his reach as possible.

with mediation a month away now, he has plenty of opportunity to do great damage. while not a legal person either, it is possible that prior to any final dissolution, they may ask for a refresh on the financial statements. he will make sure to stay unemployed. possibly angle for spousal support.

we had a member here whose husband took her to the cleaners.....including taking half of her retirement. and the house. and spousal maintenance. and he had no remorse for doing so.

assume the WORST. act as if he is a thief entering your home and taking absolutely everything he can find and carry out. hunker down, up the defense shield, take no prisoners.