View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 02:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sydneyman

******286 day******

"So you are really serious about this not drinking thing then?" This is what now is a pretty typical response from people I interact with. It used to be a laugh and a comment "yeah right" in the beginning. Its now the new me. The me I now love. I now realise what this "it gets even better" comments mean. It seriously does.
I can easily be in the company with people who may have a glass of wine (WTF why only one right) with dinner or go to a pub and order an AF drink (don't like hanging in pubs though anymore as it gets boring).
I enjoy what life has to offer and I am BUSY. Busy with so much on so have no idea how I had time to drink before!!But then again I guess all I did was drink solo at home all the time.
I think I have moved onto the next "stage" in this sobriety journey. I can see how a sober life is so much more fulfilling compared to my previous life. My health, weight, body, mind, spirit is top notch and I don't want to jeopardise what I have gained for a hangover induced drinking session. No interest whatsoever.
So all I can report is that I feel on top of the world and it DOES GET BETTER. Now I am heading to 10 months AF. I hope somebody reading this may find this as a motivator to keep going.