View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 09:17 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by MyLittleHorsie View Post
LOL Sassy, one year Dh and I were training to do a 100km ride for charity, I kept buying cookies to sabotage him. It backfired because he gained a suit size lol

This weekend is our annual trip to the Canadian National Exhibition. It is like what I imagine your state fairs to be. Dh worked on the grounds constructing a stage and said the rides came from Texas. A full day of walking, eating weird stuff and possibly barfing, before the concert that night. It is also Food Truck Frenzy weekend there. I fully expect to eat badly. I have been looking at the options of what I might want. Doritos corn dog maybe, pickle pizza, probably, pickle lemonade, maybe, cookie dough icecream, not a chance lol. There is small doughnuts, I think they are Tiny Tim's is the booth, those I get every year. We have a food allergy, so we plan our food ahead. As my youngest has gotten older, her allergy is harder for her to accept. So I will download the food map and whatever youngest decides, I will get too. Unless dh wants it, but usually he doesn't.

Then the kids will get me on the big ferris wheel, while I am all anxietied out on sugar. They just do it because I am all, stop moving, I hate heights, are you seriously rocking this thing, sit still you monsters!
Yep we have those fairs, the food is so bizarre it’s almost grotesque. Little story: I have a thing about soft serve ice cream, so when we went to the fair we all got one. It was not cheap. And it was terrible. It was icy and didn’t taste like dairy. It was so bad that we threw them out and as a family we left the fair and went to Suzie burger, a vintage drive in burger place in my city that has beautiful soft serve: tastes like cream.

So choose carefully: when I’m eating something good I need quality...but I am from California, very farm to fork, all our fruits and vegetables are fresh and incredible. And will be, until California is all ocean and underwater someday, but that is a different story altogether.

Heading into a round of extended fasting. I’ve just had it. I’m overeating on keto, I’m overeating on omad, and the only thing that stops this craziness is to mix up some electrolyte water and quit food for awhile.

Be well all.