View Single Post
Old 08-21-2019, 05:49 AM
  # 419 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by yukonm View Post
Signing up for 24 hours drink and drug free. 7:05am in Jacksonville, Florida.
Congratulations to all celebrating milestones today...INCLUDING ME!!

Today I celebrate 12 years free from ALL mood altering chemicals!! I can truly say I am grateful. 08-21-07 I stood in front of a judge and was given a 10 year deferred prison sentence and 5 years probation. I thought it was the worse day of my life but in fact, it is the day I cherish above all others...MY SOBRIETY DATE! I am grateful to the judge that gave me a chance to turn my life around. Part of the long laundry list of things I had to do to keep from going to prison was attend 12-step meetings. It was a rough road because although I embraced the fellowship, I didn't buy into the program. I spent 3 years dry and miserable, then I hit a spiritual and emotional bottom and surrendered...I became willing to follow the suggestions given me. My perception of life changed and I began transforming from the inside out. I love the AA program as outlined in the Big Book.
Today I will go about my normal Wednesday activities, starting with Bible study, then I'll meet for a few hours of step work with a sponsee. I'll head to the treatment center for a life skills class and then to a transitional living facility for a relapse prevention meeting. They have a speaker meeting after that and I'll pick up my chip there. I LOVE MY SOBER LIFE!!
I am so incredibly honoured to be able to share a part of your journey dearest yukonm.

This is just the most beautiful post ever. Congrats my friend....post on way. s ♥♥♥♥