View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 04:23 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by BeABetterMan View Post
Day 26 is wrapping up. Holy crap, today was a rough one. Came so close to drinking over an ex. But damned if God didn’t stop me. My mind was telling me to drink, but my soul wouldn’t let me. I know that may sound weird or overly dramatic, but I mean it. My soul told me it was not up to the task of dealing with what tomorrow would entail if I drank today. I even had to stop at the convenience store where I usually get my booze to get gas. While I was paying, I saw that bottle with the blue top staring at me. I thought I’d be overcome, but I wasn’t. I walked out the door and drove home. I won’t lie, I’m still aching over the thought of my ex and having a crappy night, but I will sleep well tonight. Tomorrow morning I won’t be checking my texts for what I sent to who (again). I won’t feel guilty for trying to call my 12 year old daughter at midnight (again). I won’t wonder if I drove my car (again). I won’t wake up in jail (again), I won’t have to take a handful of Xanax to chase off the dark thoughts (again). I won’t have to drink more to chase off the shakes (again). I won’t have to call an ambulance because I can’t breathe (again). I won’t have to think of another lie for why I’m not at work (again). I won’t have to tell my sponsor and my home group that I’m on day one again (again). Yep, that bottle can just stay right on the shelf where I saw it (at last). It’s no longer worth it to me.
I feel very emotional after reading that....it is poignant and beautiful.
It could go up on the wall at your home group I think.... s