Old 08-20-2019, 01:32 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  
NewChapterJan18

Hi Class,

Sorry I've been quiet, just busy and not noticing the days go by! Work trip will be coming up next week and trying not to think about it right now as just so much to do before then - not to mention that the particular client we will be visiting is incredibly taxing. Luckily as it is hubby and I going, we will be tacking on a few days at the end for a little beach getaway of our own to decompress after client visit and before my masters starts when we get back.

NL: I'm really sorry that your wrist is hurt and causing such an inconvenience to boot, I know how frustrating injuries can be especially when they keep you from your work outs! Hopefully you can squeeze in some time for a trip to the doctor to have it looked at and that it will be fully recovered soon. I have to say that I really liked how you described the freedom in sobriety to analyse and face our issues in life when you wrote about the contention with your husband 'Doesn't make our problems go away but at least I know my reactions are genuine.' I really admire this and it perfectly captures the truth of sobriety; benefits and limitations. Being sober will not necessarily solve our issues, but rather allow us to perceive them clearly rather than through the drunken prism, so that we can at least be sure of our emotional responses and feelings around those situations which gives us balance in judgment and (hopefully) the ability to fairly appraise and assess how we would like things to change and how we can go about creating that change in a reasonable way and dealing with the situation at present in an honest and controlled manner. Have the weekly meetings with your husband helped to allow you to express any of those feelings? The school stuff sounds really stressful and I can totally understand your apprehension and concerns. It's good that your son now has another friend to commute with at least and I hope that your concerns are allayed in time and that most of these worries will prove to be unfounded. It sounds as though your son is a great kid and I know how much you care and support your kids so I am sure that you will be there every step of the way to help him navigate this new chapter!

Palmer: Beach getaway sounds so fun (the work management less so)! I hope you can manage to delegate a bit so that you free up some time to enjoy and unwind at the beach.

Hi Dee!!