View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 07:35 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Well, my one day on sugar has morphed into Saturday, and now I’m going to the mountains with my mom and youngest for a couple days: my mother is a food pusher (despite putting me on diets since age 9) and I won’t be getting back to this until Tuesday. Of course I am back up 5 pounds since Tuesday.

I’m struggling with the fact that I know if I stopped exercise, I’d drop the weight much more easily. I don’t know why that is. I saw something in the Ketogenic forum (thanks Hawkeye) about how the body can only do one thing at a time. I was hiking a lot in Hawaii but no weight training, now that I’m home, I did two days last week of bodyweight training: pushups, ab work, squats, rowing: my usual stuff, and it halted weight loss and made me hungry.

I was losing weight until I went back to the workouts, which I struggle with, because there is nothing like moving through life with the feeling of strength: the ease of lifting anything, the solid feeling when you move, back strength, etc. it’s hard to describe but when your body can handle heavy load and your core is solid and strong it feels different. I’m just not going to stop these kinds of workouts, so I’ve decided when I go back to keto, I also need to stop weighing myself. No more weighing. For at least a month. What do I expect the scale to show when I’ve stressed and torn up muscle fibers and they must recruit water to repair?

My weight simply isn’t at a point where getting it all off at once is an emergency.

But guys...I have to sing again, in October for another show. My husband has realized it makes his wife happy to give her a guest spot at his gigs, sometimes. I don’t demand it or even mention it, but I sure perk up when he includes me in it and who doesn’t like a perky wife? Lol.

I need vanity weight off, and I’ve got just enough time to make a dent. I’m fairly certain it’s going to be time to start measuring things, and keeping things more simple. If what dropsie said is right, I may just end up getting frustrated that things are moving too slow, because I am a hormonal mess. But I’m going to try anyway.

Thanks for coming in to discuss it all....