View Single Post
Old 08-18-2019, 03:50 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Cosima11

All my cross addictions seem to have just sort of fizzled out lately..I suppose it's nice but where is the excitement? Lol I stick to minimal sugar, minimal sex, zero cigarettes.. So my lizard brain is mostly sleeping and/or pouting off in a corner somewhere. I've even run out of things to say about my (non) relationship. Currently trying to put a lot more focus and effort into work.

I think it can take many tries to really be free of the cross addiction. I understand what you're saying though about wishing you could just quit food altogether. I can't just stop relationships (or sex for that matter) entirely either. I don't plan on being single for the rest of my life just because I have some issues to work through. That's not the solution.

Not sure I have much practical dietary advice but since meditation has been brought up.. Yoga has been a game changer for me. It's not the same kind of "buzz" I get from regular exercise at the gym. It's more like an emotional detox.. plus a gateway into exploring different mindsets and even just learning metaphorical coping mechanisms.

I also find it useful to identify the AV's narrative whenever and however it may show up. Often times it's very self deprecating. It goes something like.. I'm not worthy, not capable, and my life will fall apart without this one thing.. I see some of that in your thought process with sugar. I honestly don't have the slightest idea what the best ways to go about building better self esteem are.. but again meditation helps by detaching from all the noise. Also affirmations. Which seem ridiculous at first but can really start to seep into your subconscious. Anyway I'm rambling now but just wanted to say keep at it and don't give up!