View Single Post
Old 08-17-2019, 02:53 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Hawkeye13

Hey Sass;

I don't really stay away from dairy--unfortunately, it is still a big part of my diet and I'm a real cream / cheese / butter fan. I think it will have to go as I get closer to goal weight. Right now it is a tasty crutch I need.

The studies I don't have copied anywhere, but I suggest you go to the 2 keto dudes website forum and you can search for all sort of content there--the site is very big on "show me the science" and though I've seen and heard about a number of them, it's all a blur in terms of specifics at the moment. Another place that talks about this topic is Mark Sisson / Mark's Daily Apple. He has an excellent podcast all backed up with peer reviewed research.

The early two keto dudes podcasts are also very science-oriented and they repeatedly stress not overdoing the exercise. They have links to all their research so much will be found there if you look through and listen to a few.
Lots of the keto based podcasts are talking about this right now.
In terms of stall, beyone just reducing activity, you should also see if you might be under-eating. Not getting enough calories also sends your metabolism into "conservation mode" and makes losing weight much harder as your body keeps down-regulating to keep status quo. I think based on what you've said, both of these things may be significant factors in not getting the results you want, but also don't dismiss the time factor.

Deranged metabolisms simply take time to recover. Drinking has seriously damaged our systems, and sugar addiction really does take time to undo and heal. Just like quitting drinking--your brain is still fixing itself, isn't it?

I've been keto for 6-7 months more or less and ate a relatively clean paleo before that. I estimate I've taken off 50 pounds or so but my alcohol relapses and the big carb relapse when my brother visited from Oz really threw a spanner in the works and some of that is gained / lost cycle due to my poor choices.

Another place to find excellent peer-reviewed content is pubmed--that's where most laypeople can access this content without paying for it, and that's a great place to check as well.

I'm prepping for work next week and don't have time to pull things to link right now as my procrastination means I'm double-timing this weekend and next week.

The easiest way to get answers about research and best protocol is simply to join the two keto dudes forum.

If you do that, you can ask your questions directly and people are very helpful with links to articles, stories about what worked for them, and many have a great deal of knowledge and have been doing keto for years.

You can also read around and use their search engine for specific topics that have been posted on.

Here is a link to that--it's really helpful https://www.ketogenicforums.com/

I'm glad this has been helpful. I really think keto is a two birds with one stone for drinkers and menopause hormone / metabolic healing for women who are past their (ahem) 20s