Old 08-15-2019, 02:28 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
TheBob1

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
Hello Bob!

This is a place of great support, I am glad you are here!

I am glad things have gotten better in your household. In my opinion, trust is earned over time. A very long time. There is no magic answer. If she is trustworthy and working her recovery, that will shine though. If not, that will show as well.

As far as resentments, I had counseling that helped me, as well as time. I am a big believer that time heals a lot of things, and those that hurt you should realize that you will require that. If not, then they are really not understanding how you were affected.

Keep sharing, you are not alone! Welcome back!
Thank you!

And one nail you hit on the head was about how it has affected me (and all significant others or family members of an alcoholic/addict). Right now, its all about "her journey". I hope her program brings that up soon, as right now it seems to be all about her issues. I am behind her efforts, but guess what: "Yep, it's hard honey, but you're not gonna get a big patch of my shoulder to cry on; Too much anger and resentment on my end at the moment. And by the way, WHOSE SHOULDER DO I HAVE TO CRY ON? Okay, had to get that off my chest.
So anyway, hi again and thank you for the kind re-welcome