View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 08:43 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by Briansy View Post
Something to try for those with a sweet tooth: I've taken to eating PhD smart bar - Caramel crunch flavour. 20 grams of protein, .6g of sugar for 238 cals. It tastes JUST like a chocolate bar. I don't know if you have "Lion" bars in the States, but it's just like one of those. MUCH better than a Magnum! The sugar high is the only thing that's different. A bit like drinking caffeine free Diet Coke.
I relied on bars for awhile to replace my sugar issues back when I was doing CrossFit. I’d buy the Costco protein bars.

Except: once I bought them, I would eat 8-10 of them in one sitting. I was talking about these bars with my friend one day and I told her I had already eaten seven of them and I was going to get another one. She was shocked. 20g of protein should satiate a person don’t you think? I don’t know what’s going on with me, but my response to food is just nothing short of bizarre.

I am able to eat Greek yogurt, however. Greek yogurt has 23g a cup, I add berries and a zing packet. (Stevia with a little dextrose). I can eat one cup of that and move on. I love it, but I don’t binge on it. Ideal situation

Also, I do not avoid artificial sweeteners. I’m on day 11 and it’s working, so I don’t feel like I need to yet. The sacrifice of that seems monumental, so I’m not touching that.

But dropsie, I admire your attempt to give them up!