View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 11:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
FireSprite

Originally Posted by fortworthnative View Post
[left]Trail mix - I will tell you one reason he is not drinking right now and that is because he knows I am not open to it, but the other is that in this outpatient program they have agreed not to drink for the duration of the program. So he is three weeks into two months.
My fear is he will finish the program and ask me for “one more try” because “this is the first time he’s been serious about changing his habits with alcohol”
Just out of curiosity - how close is your due date to his 2-month mark to complete the program? Are they scheduled to hit at/about the same exact time?

I’m pretty terrified of being blind sided because that would be such a blow to us. I neeeeeed to trust him again.
I get this but I also had to change the way I approached Trust - I had to realize that trust really isn't about the other person, it's about trusting myself to read the situation properly & make the right decisions for myself, regardless of other people's behavior or decisions. Trust is a huge, complicated issue for me in recovery. (maybe others have an easier approach)