View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 11:55 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
thequest

Originally Posted by Dazedandconfus View Post

alcoholics are people who need to impress to get self esteem from the outside. He clearly doesn’t feel the need to get that boost from his own right now. I get it, or sucks. But it is his myopic selfishness that is causing him to do this. As I’m learning it is no reflection in you and yours. It truly is another defect in his character that he is showing by doing this. Try to let it go. Hard I know, you are sowing good seeds, he however is not. Let the universe watch and reward you and conversely teach him as well, I’m off to church again. Hope the holy water doesn’t sizzle! Xoxo
So true. I see this constantly. More worried about fashion and appearances wether it's portraying himself as someone in charge in the know or the victim so it wasn't something he did wrong or mess up. He goes out of his way to avoid a negative light being cast on him.

When you drop off at some place like the gym he frequently has you drop off the far side of the lot so members don't see a half century old adult being dropped off like a child at soccer practice.

But so true it is always about them.