View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 08:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
trailmix

There does come a point in a relationship with an alcoholic parent that the child looks at him and thinks, you should really shut up. You have been abusing this group for years.

I remember when I was a teen, probably your Son's age or a bit older. My Father was ranting one night. My siblings and my Mom were sitting on the sofa while I decided to tell him exactly what I thought, so I let him have it.

I was yelling at him..

He stood up and hit me across the face, hard. It's actually the only time he ever hit me, so I was a bit surprised.

My siblings and my Mom and I all walked out. We went across the street to our neighbour's house (she was also our friend).

I don't remember what happened after that but there is no going back from this once that anger is there and once a child knows they can stick up for themselves. I'm no psychologist so I have no idea if it's a good or a bad thing, what I do know is that if you have a 15 year old telling their Dad to "meditate" and "chill" (unless it's a joke) you have a role reversal going on.

This is all so negative for the children.