View Single Post
Old 08-11-2019, 04:04 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
Sober369

Hello August class! I started out (not for the first time) in July but yesterday was my day one. I'm going to be in both classes if that's okay. I had a few weeks in July but relapsed and it took me forever to get back. Every day was going to be my new day one, and every day I caved. I don't ever, ever want to go there again. If I have to sit and scream, pull my hair, or maybe just call someone or come and post here, I will never take another drink of alcohol.
I woke up this morning, my first thought was 'hey, I didn't drink yesterday!" and it was the most awesome feeling! Then, I realized that it's Sunday and I have the day off. It was like Christmas!
I've been really sick these past few days. I was trying with all my might to moderate, only having a little to 'take the edge off', so maybe it was withdrawals, I don't know. I just know I feel so much better today and I want to keep feeling better every day.
I am going to go back and read all your posts so I know who is here. Purina, so nice to see you here! I'm so sorry you're having such a bad time. Is there someone you can get to help with the yard while you do the house? I wish I could come and help. Actually, my own yard and house are in a mess, too. I'm afraid to do too much today, since I need to keep feeling better, but I plan to go out early this morning and cut grass for about thirty minutes. At least I can get the part up near the street so maybe my neighbors won't call the code enforcers. I am praying for you and thinking of you! I believe that if we stay sober, it will get better for both of us. I know it will!
Happy Sober Sunday everyone!