View Single Post
Old 08-09-2019, 07:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Thursdays

Originally Posted by tomsteve View Post
He broke out in a flop sweat today at court. His hands were shaking. My lawyer said she’d bet money on him being hungover. My friend an A in recovery is 100% convinced he’s still drinking. I’m not.

if i read this right ya say youre not convinced hes drinking?
those symptoms could have been a reaction to what was goin on and reality setting in. however if he has been sober and plans on staying sober it doesnt seem he would have balked at having language in the parenting agreement that states he will be sober when kiddo is in his care.

if above is how im thinkin- youre not convinced hes drinkin, then why

withdrawl symptons can kick in at any time,too.

Tomsteve- yes to both. I’m not convinced he’s drinking right now. BUT- given prior experiences I’m pretty damn sure he’s going to fall off his white knuckle wagon. I myself have quit drinking six years ago and haven’t picked up again. I am, however, in alanon, have a therapist and have a community. None of which he has. I’m worried that he will drink again. I’m pretty damn sure he’s still smoking pot. He did admit, earlier, that he did have a problem with alcohol but has done nothing to help himself in ways that I can see. He’s still isolated, not working, no friends, no working out or anything physical. He’s so stuck and it’s really hard to watch. We have done this dance before and I don’t want to do it again.