Old 08-05-2019, 05:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Misssy2

Hey. There are people in AA that say you have to do the steps or you will never STAY sober or you will be a "dry" sober person. Those people...have STRONG beliefs in what they say....same thing with the sponser.

The last guy I dated..NEVER did the 12 steps....NEVER had a Sponsor and he has been sober now for about 30 years...…

If you GET something from the program than keep going...because like you said..(not these words) but it saved your LIFE.

You just have to be confident in the fact THIS is working for you right now JUST the way you are doing it....

Don't feel awkward...your not "unique".....but there are more people in AA that will tell you that you HAVE to do these things to stay sober...but there ARE ALSO people who "Just SHOW UP" and stay sober too.....I know a few of them.....

If someone personally approaches you and starts an AA lecture...Just smile and say "I'm here" and that is all I have to do for ME right this minute....You can use that line for 20 years if you want and still stay sober...

Don't let the CULT mentality run you away from something that is working.
I don't.