View Single Post
Old 08-04-2019, 01:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

I know exactly what you mean Missy! It’s only really sinking in that I am sober 24/7 at 14 months. I never used to leave the house in the evenings, during the day If I was working from home or at all at the weekend as I would have had too much to drink to drive. For a very long time after getting sober I still would stay home and not go out and have to remind myself all the time it’s fine, I can drive anytime I want lol.

I did the same thing when I booked a few days away to celebrate 12 month sober without realising at first. I was fixated on having to find accommodation that was in walking distance from the beach (super expensive in the U.K.) It took me a while to realise that I would be sober and could stay a little further away as I would be able to drive down, it was mad to think that even after 12 months I still thought like an alcoholic trying to centre my life round the next drink...that I wouldn’t be having!

I guess it took more than a year to create these bad habits and behaviours in the first place so might take a bit longer to retrain the ole noggin to automatically think like a sober person. Glad I am getting to live that reality thought and congrats on 40 days xx