View Single Post
Old 08-03-2019, 07:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Misssy2

Originally Posted by D122y View Post
This is an amazing post. So insiteful.

It took a while for me to feel comfortable breaking the old habits too.

I remember towards the end that I would be afraid to stand up or walk down the stairs after drinking. I knew my balance was getting very compromised. The brain damage was escalating.

Here I am after all this time clean and my balance is still improving. It is like getting gifts from God, when I am at an age when I am supposed to be having things taken away.

When I first quit, I couldn't drive on the freeway without tremendous anxiety. Heart racing palm sweating anxiety.

That lasted for a year or so. These days, I feel my anxiety is more normal. I am not sure what normal feels like, but i know i feel 100% better than 4 years ago.

Thanks.
Thank you ….Its just really weird...there are more things that I do...I used to feel like I had to be home on the days I wasn't drinking to show my son that I wasn't drinking...I did that for the first 2 weeks of being sober....

Then I realized how ridiculous I was being leaving sober things I was enjoying just to prove I was not drinking anymore....So I stopped doing that and I stay out as long as I damn well please.

I always feel anxiety driving around because I used to always feel anxiety driving around because I had a beer or a nip of vodka or two or SIX in me and with me...and sometimes I still feel that anxiety when a cop gets behind me and i'm like WAIT....I'm fine....let him stop me! LOL

Big Congratulations ON 4 YEARS!