Thread: Advice Please
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2019, 09:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
BarbieKen

Hi,
I used to lie every time I went to the doctor. When checking in with the Nurse and they'd ask if I drank and about how much? Oh, just a glass or two with dinner! Right??!!

After getting out of Rehab, I came clean with my doctor. What a big relief I felt. Whew .... nothing feels as good as the truth.

Regarding your multiple addictions. I have gone to A.A. Mtgs and C.A. Meetings. I have met very few individuals who only abused one substance. All the 12 Step Programs use the "Big Book" as the core to their Program.

Personally, C,A. Meetings have been more my cup of tea. LOL! The folks are open to everyone. You can share your experiences, ALL your experiences. Not having to edit out anything. I am an alcoholic, but in my 20's I "partied" -- did coke --with my friends. So, I can relate.

I learned so much about the drugs that are causing such damage to our youth by being in open meetings. My BB Mtg , the BEST of my week, is represented by all kinds drug users.

So, I'd say go exploring and find meetings that you feel comfortable in, and get a BB.

The life you are saving now is your own!

Bobbi