Old 07-27-2019, 11:02 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Fusion

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
Tatsy, I did a taper without drugs. I think what you're doing is going to serve you far better in the long run. Drugs/benzos are their own little corner of Hell. Been there. I believe a natural detox taught me what I needed to learn.

I did a very short taper though. I went from daily long-term round-the-clock drinking of around 12-14 units down to zero in three days.

Yes, it was uncomfortable. And it was difficult. Anxiety? My constant companion. A lot of it is physical, so just keep doing it and keep stepping down. After I was clean again it still took a few more months to lose the anxiety feelings, so I had to research other things to do about anxiety in natural non-substance ways.

Box Breathing, the Navy Seal Technique

It's gonna take time.

I'm glad you made it back.

Keep reading and know that we are in your corner.
Thank you, for your kind words regarding my return. I looked up the Box Breathing link, and practised it today. Blimey, it’s amazing, my heart rate fell! Wow!

Yes, I’m inclined to think you’re correct regarding the benzos, they apparently act on the same brain receptors, so yes, I’d be at risk of swapping one addiction, for another.

Anxiety? Oh my, Bimini. I too have lived with it all my life. Most likely I began drinking to self-medicate the effects. Who knows, why, really, I just wish to stop again. Drinking does not work, for anxiety, or anything else. I drink (sorry drank) to pass out. I might as well have given myself concussion, it would’ve been less damaging to every single cell in my body.

I’d really appreciate it if you would give me guidance regarding natural ways, that you’ve found beneficial, to deal with anxiety. I really do appreciate your support, thnak you for being in my corner