Old 07-26-2019, 04:28 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Dragon. New toys. I gave up on laptops. I went through three of them in five years and now I'm back to a desktop which has already outlasted the three of them together.

Kaily, Dee's post is so spot on. Fear and selfishness on your dad's part. The fear of, "How is death going to get me?" is pretty big at age 84, I would think. Heck I started worrying about that in my forties! It's exhausting.

Capt. Haddock, good that you came back. I have to keep it in my mind every day just how quickly it can all go sideways if I pick up a drink.

On that note: Friday. Today is THE day that the construction crew is supposed to be done. This is IT (for the seventh Friday.) I still am waiting on a part for a window that was missing at install...not holding my breath, I already found the dealers in my area and will likely buy it and install it myself as soon as the builders actually LEAVE.

Drinking hasn't crossed my mind as a way to cope with this, but food has been a problem a few different times during this project. Addict brain says, "Put something in mouth for that discomfort."

No.

If hunger isn't the problem food isn't the solution, bim.