Old 07-25-2019, 09:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GumChewing

Clueless friend gets blindsided By Meth Addict

My friend who was staying with me is a Meth addict.
I had no idea he was on drugs.

He was emaciated, but blamed it on an unrelated medical issue (lie).
He didn't come home for two days and a friend said....."check to see if he's in jail." I did. He was.
He is facing drug felonies from last year, fighting them. Is on probation.
He just got a new felony drug charge filed in June in another county.
I guess he went to treatment last year but obviously relapsed.

I feel so dumb that I didn't know any of this.
Now he's homeless. He's in his mid 50's.

I guess being on probation with no address, driving with a revoked license and being in active addiction only catches up with someone when it.....does? He's been an addict for three years.

I bailed him out of jail (dumb) and tried to take him for a chemical disorder assessment that I scheduled, but he took off. I spoke with a treatment center on his behalf and there would have been a spot for him there that same week. People reading this must be asking....what a tool you are; why do all of this. Good question!

I listened to him literally beg the judge to release him ROR because he would go straight to get assessed and then to treatment. I believed him. The judge didn't. I should have seen it from an objective stance as the judge did. But I thought my friend was telling the truth. He wasn't.

I picked him up from jail and brought him to my home. I told him about the appointment the next morning, and he freaked, even though we had discussed it ad nauseam during phone calls from jail.

That was a month ago.

He chose getting high over having a place to live, having support, having his belongings with him....I told him I would stick with him. Nope.

Meth must be a hell of a drug.