View Single Post
Old 07-24-2019, 05:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by LifeChangeNYC View Post
I was blinded too. All my friend saw my ex for what she is... right then & there. I couldn’t. Funny how I can scream at the tv show but can’t get my a*s to stop loving my dysfunctional ex.
I'll tell you how I stopped caring about the narcissist. I had a very close relative to confide in. Luckily when he left my city I spoke to him online a lot, I say luckily because I would share much of it with this other person.

So he would say blah blah blah lying-bunch of self serving ego building garbage and she would say well you know that's - a lying bunch of self serving garbage!

Luckily for me I actually had an ahha moment, yes it happened that fast (may have been on it's way for weeks) where it actually felt like a physical as well as a mental shift. Everything I saw/heard him say from then on - I could finally SEE the manipulation and what garbage it was.

That's how I got away. Shortly after that I went NC. The reason for that decision was I thought, this person in no way has my best interests at heart and why on earth does he have access to me at all? This is someone who could potentially hurt me. That was the end of that.

The letter she wrote to you is nothing but manipulation, no more, no less. She would like nothing more than for you to return, she's not done with you, in fact she probably would have done this for years and years if you hadn't left.