Thread: Day 1
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 06:27 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Sohard

Originally Posted by Lucinda2 View Post
Posting for accountability and honesty. Back at Day 1.

Caved with the alcohol Friday night at around 2 weeks in and then drank through a family weekend. I have been around enough to know addictions use any excuse so can't blame weddings/MIL's or anything else. .

I don't have anything major on now for a few weeks so can give it some time to concentrate on fixing a plan. Decided to try and keep the focus off alcohol and on other things. So I am re-instating exercise plan (i am fairly active anyway), working on not spiking blood sugars with food swaps etc.

Trying not to project too much about the fact that we are going on holiday with friends for 10 days in 6 weeks time. In holiday mode they will be drinking every day and we are sharing accommodation. Projecting can be a way of giving up before I start though. So guess I need to keep the focus in the day. If I can keep focused now then I could be pretty strong by then.

Feeling pretty low but have also been around long enough to know that drinking for 3 days, even moderately, makes me feel this way. It is strange what I consider moderate these days anyway.

Not much needed here from anyone. Just putting it here for my own accountability and mainly talking to myself.

Thank you
Lucinda, I had big hurdle to jump (like your 10 day trip) very early in my sobriety. Rather than think of it as a doom’s day, try flipping it in your head. It’s awesome you have such a challenge, because if you can get through that, you know you can get through anything. So, in just six weeks and 10 days, you’re in clear waters!