Thread: Day 1
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 10:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lucinda2

Originally Posted by Livingonwishes View Post
You say you don't need much from anyone on here but the fact you have posted means you obviously need to tell someone about how you feel and what is going on.

I know it can't be easy admitting you have "slipped" and have, what is obviously going to be, a difficult situation coming up but as you said focus in the day. Get through one day at a time, it doesn't matter how you do it or what anyone else thinks or does, be selfish in your desire to not drink. You will ultimately be better for it and become the person that you would like to be.

You can do this. Never doubt that.
Thank you. You are right.

I guess I would never have found my way to this forum in the first place if things were ok and I didn't need help.

I think because I cleaned up from long-term drug use on my own many years ago I find it hard to ask for help now. But in some ways, alcohol is harder than cleaning up from drugs - or at least it is different.

When I finally stopped using drugs I cut every bit of my old drug-related life out and ceased contact with practically everyone I knew. They weren't friends anyway. They were simply drug acquaintances.

But with alcohol, it is different as you will all know.