Old 07-22-2019, 07:44 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  
MLD51
Giving up is NOT an option.

Congratulations, Mags! 6 years is amazing. And thank you for the work you do on SR, especially the Weekender!

Finally, our heat wave is over for now. But when it gets as hot as it was last week, severe storms are almost inevitable. Friday/Saturday was especially bad here in Wisconsin. I had to drive my son to Rock Band Camp yesterday, and the route went through some especially hard-hit areas. 80-90 MPH winds do a LOT of damage to trees especially, but buildings, also. Miles and miles of downed and snapped trees by the road, and in towns, trees on houses and vehicles, power lines down, barns and other farm buildings blown apart, streetlights blown over, road signs twisted. I have never seen non-tornado damage that severe over such a large area. Luckily, the camp is north of the hard-hit areas, so everything is fine there.

Monday. I used to really hate Mondays. I don't exactly LOVE them now, but I never have a hangover, so they are a lot easier to deal with. I have been procrastinating at work, because summers are very very quiet here and I am in charge of managing my own time on long-term projects. I'm not the best at that. I work best under pressure, so I tend to put things off until it's nearly too late. Bad bad habit. So today I have promised myself to make some real headway. My anxiety level has been creeping up due to this, so it's time to get things under control.