Old 07-20-2019, 10:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Reneevc

Update!

Oooook. So today my AH told me he was speaking to his employer about taking a leave of absence for treatment. HOORAY! Until....he turned it right back into deflecting

When he told me that he had decided to go, I told him that was a good decision and exactly what he needs. Conversation was good until he said he wanted to know that I was “supportive and that we would come out of this together”. Hold. The. Phone.

We have been separated for more than a month. I have come so far on my own path to happiness, that I don’t intend to start making false promises now. Over and over, I reiterated that I was absolutely supportive of his decision to get help, but that I could in no way promise anything further regarding our relationship. There is more work to be done regarding US, but none of that can be accomplished until he works on himself. Well that was not received well and went downhill from that point. I refused to argue or go down the “US” rabbit hole until there is clarity and sobriety on his end. I feel like he does intend to go, but there is a lot of manipulation still involved in that decision. Gonna keep on keeping on like I have been, and keep focusing on me and the little ones.