View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 11:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Dazedandconfus

Originally Posted by Schne View Post
My ABF was Baker Acted Wednesday evening for threats of self harm. Generally in our area the psych hospital only keeps people 72 hours. He gave permission for the intake lady to talk to me and she called to get history from me yesterday. She asked if he would be coming back to my house once discharged and I hesitated and asked what the alternative was, she replied not any good alternative, I asked if they plan on keeping him longer than 3 days, and told her he’s on the waiting list for in patient rehab in the next county, estimated bed availability 8/1/19. She said it was up to the doctor.
Now I’m struggling with should I visit today or not. I’m not sure he’d want to see me, but I’m sure he wouldn’t turn me away, I know I’d hate to be in a psych hospital and not get any visits from anyone.
Any thoughts?
been there done that. One of the nurses that was there during that time was a recovering alcoholic. She told me “leave him alone, this is his thing”. I did eventually take him back after stay was extended another 2 weeks. He went right back to drinking. When he sees he has no one but himself to own this nightmare is the only hope you have.