Old 07-18-2019, 02:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
hopeful4

This is a really great share! I have a long way to go, but I believe that I have done some brain retraining with the methods mentioned.

I also do believe that I was addicted to the drama! It took me a long time to live without it, because I did not know any other way. Now, I avoid it like the plague!

My psychiatrist was huge on breathing techniques while looking in the mirror. I felt silly at first, but it really did help me, and continues to do so when I am in difficult situations.

My school counselor in high school did a calming exercise where in the semi darkness you would use breathing while closing your eyes and imagine yourself on an elevator. While the elevator was going down floors, you would exhale and relieve yourself of stress along the way. It did work for me, and I have continued this years later.

Sadly, said counselor decided to help one of the girls along with her breathing and groped her in the semi darkness. He is no longer a counselor. So sad because that technique really was helpful until that happened!

I digress.....The world can be a sad place.....