View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 11:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Time2Surrender

Hey Jessie.Welcome to SoberRecovery.Like Phinny said sometimes people are a little slow to respond.Stick around.This is a great place for support.Crack was my DOC too.I have been clean 6 months.I go to meetings daily and enjoy them.I have a whole new circle of friends in NA.Best friends I ever had.So for me the meetings are a lot about fellowship.My recovery comes from working through the steps with a sponsor.There is not one situation in my life that I cannot apply the steps to.As for being in recovery for life? I have no problem with it.Life is a journey.We learn and grow as we go.Through the steps I am becoming a better person.So,to work on being the best man I can be for the rest of my life.Live a drug free and happy life and at the same time help newcomers to find the freedom from addiction and misery.Doesnt sound so bad compared to the alternative.Stick around.give NA a try.The cravings will pass.They will get easier to deal with as time goes on.Having money used to be a major trigger for me too.I would have people hold my cash.Today I rarely have less than $500.00 in my pocket.And its no longer a trigger.Now,I wonder who will try and rob me?