Old 07-15-2019, 07:31 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
dpac414

I apologize I haven’t been keeping up with the thread and chatting with you guys, and this post is gonna be about me too.

I have neglected cleaning my kitchen for a disgusting amount of time. The last meal I cooked in there was probably in February. I was just starting out in sobriety and I didn’t have the energy to do it. I was also horribly depressed as I was drinking an obscene amount and there was no way my medication was working.

I am happy to report that I went to target and spent 300 dollars on cleaning supplies, including a brand new shark vacuum and steam mop.

I cleaned my kitchen. I am so relieved I want to cry.
I still have a ton to do around my apartment before I leave for vacation but the worst part is over.

Sobriety for me has meant that I am not longer settling for a lower quality of life. It means that things like chores are still annoying, but I can do them because I’m functioning like a human being should. It means I can think about my future with a level head and understand that I have options that I can achieve if I decide to.

Sobriety has been the greatest gift and now my kitchen is clean. I needed to share that because it’s more significant than it seems.

Thanks guys, I’ll check back tomorrow.