Old 07-13-2019, 05:39 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Originally Posted by Foggyriver View Post
<snip> But I will be out and about on my own tomorrow and I know myself.

<snip> I would get so much more accomplished, would be much happier with myself, much healthier<snip>
I know you made it through without a drink, but well done on posting this - I think it helps every time I reinforce to myself that yes, I have a thought about having a drink and no, I won't do it.

That part about "be much happier" - I wish I could somehow give newly sober people a preview of their life with some sober time (for me it was over a year.) I did almost all of it "out and about on my own" because I'm single and did most of my drinking here in my apartment.

Unfortunately we all know how it will go if we drink. The choice is clear to me regardless of the mental gymnastics sometimes.

Originally Posted by theVman31 View Post
Hello weekenders,
Thx Mags. I'm in...
The pages are flying by.
Welcome to the new weekenders.

Got a music festival later today and tonight. Keep me occupied.

It's been a pretty rough week work and couple wise. Ain't in the mood nor the moral for posting. Mrs Vman and I not seeing exactly eye to eye at the moment. Relationship are complicated (even after 21 years) Alot of it is my fault, some underlying flaws just can't budge. Action reaction. Makes me think of a Ben Harper line good lovers make great enemies.... :
https://youtu.be/gcgClucDd9Q

Here's to better days
Take care all.
Music festival sounds fun!

Vman I hope you find a compromise for whatever is going on, without raised voices or regrets.

LOVE Ben Harper. You have very good taste in music. (Says Bum)

...that was a poke-back at Mags, I laughed at the "Bum."