Thread: Sick and tired
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 04:24 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
mariposa

I’ve been to several A.A. meetings, they didn’t work for me but I did enjoy occasionally going with friends. I’ve been to meetings in many states. I do the SMART recovery workbook and read the 30 day sobriety solution. AA works for many people and when going I did feel a lot of support to quit. I’m a chronic relapser and so maybe I didn’t work the steps. You can stay sober, there’s many other groups, online and in real life, literature, workbooks, addiction counseling, out patient programs, medication and now I’m reading “sober” bars are becoming trendy and the word “sober curious” being thrown around in the media. Also many healthy ways to meet people, yoga classes and meditation workshops. Being a drunk, binge drinking is becoming a faux pas and not cool anymore. Millennials have learned that getting wasted leads to horrible consequences and prefer to be on their phone, or watching Netflix. It all comes down to you, do you want to be sober and in control of your life more than you want to drink and lose control?