Old 07-10-2019, 02:50 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
amy55

mamabear, you just need to take care of yourself and your little cubs. If and when that time comes that you feel attracted to someone, you will know. It's no ones business but your own.

I went through this with my mom. It was about my son's wedding. I wasn't dating then, also still not dating. She told me that I should ask an attractive guy to this wedding, (even if I had to rent one) so that I would not be alone when I faced my ex and his girlfriend. I said to her, so you think I should have some man candy on my arm so that I don't feel alone, or to have him think I didn't move on? I said perhaps I would do that if I didn't move on or if I felt alone, but I don't. I told her that I was really good being by myself.

I told her if somehow if I found someone, then so be it, but I am not looking. I like being alone, don't want to fight over the remote anymore, don't have to cook or clean after someone, and if I need work done in the house that I am not capable of, well..... I have a phone and money to pay someone, also I have neighbors that will help me for nothing, just because we are friends. My mom never brought up dating again to me.

You do you, and let everyone else mind their own business.

(((((((((hugs))))))))
amy