Old 07-09-2019, 06:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
mamabear26

The topic of dating has been brought up by friends and family

So lately my family and friends have been bringing up dating to me. Most feel like it is time that I “get a boyfriend.” They say that I’m too picky and that I should just go on dates to see what is out there. I have dated since my divorce. I was dating a guy. I really liked him a lot. Things were well at first then I started seeing red flags. Long story short he had been sleeping with numerous women while we were dating. I broke it off and haven’t talked to him since. I was sad and hurt by his actions.

Anyways, I feel like I’m finally in a good place where I don’t feel the need to search for a mate. If someone comes along then I wouldn’t be opposed to dating but as of right now it’s just not my interest to be dating.

I was visiting my grandma this afternoon. She brought up that I still have feelings for my AXH. She believes that I would still want to be with him. According to her that if I didn’t have feelings for him I wouldn’t care about what he is doing. She knows about all the issues regarding alcohol and him showing up to my house. I quickly responded with that I don’t have feelings for him and that I only care about what he is doing when my kids are around. I honestly feel offended but I didn’t want to be rude. I hate that people assume just because I’m single that I’m not over my X or that I’m not happy. I can honestly say for the first time in a long time I’m completely happy and thankful with my life. I would never go back to my old life that I had with my X husband and I’m not willing to settle with just anybody.