Old 07-07-2019, 03:55 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
alphaomega
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Originally Posted by MyLittleHorsie View Post
I went keto last August after an allergen elimination diet for early onset arthritis. Totally credit it with helping me quit smoking too.
I feel fitter mentally also. No migraines, no joint pain, well significantly improved. Plus I didn't gain a single pound when I quit smoking.

Edited to add, I pretty much was able to come off my anxiety meds, only need one asthma inhaler, once a day.
Funny, I feel like it helped me get off Xanax and cigarettes as well.

There is a literal laundry list of maladies that it remedies. From putting diabetes into remission, to helping arthritics,to halting malignant tumor growth, this is a true healing way of eating.

My journey looked like this :

The first few months I just quit eating sugar and bread, pasta and potatoes and focused on all sorts of protein (both lean and fatty like ribeye), cheeses, nuts, avocado, pork rinds, butter, olives, olive oil and the like. No refined oils like canola or safflower.

But I was still drinking.

The next few months I tried to dial down the carbs even further and focus more on meat and low glycemic veg. And to not snack. (everything we put on our mouths illicits a insulin response and insulin is the master hormone that drives fat into cells. So I tried to just eat 3 meals a day, no snack.

But I was still drinking.

The last few months, I dropped all the alcohol, and still focused on meat mainly, with a little veg. And I began playing around with 16/8 or 20/4 intermittent fasting.

It absolutely BLEW MY MIND that I could go 20 hours with nothing but coffee and water. Me ???? Not EAT for 20 hours ????

WTH is going on here ?

Now, I'm mostly carnivore as that where I seem to feel my best. I focus mainly on fatty meats, when Im truly hungry. And I can put away a 1/2 lb of bacon and 3 eggs without blinking an eye.

It was this natural progression that when I allowed myself to eat intuitively, the weight just started to fall off.

I used to need .25/Xanax 2 -3 times a day. For YEARS.

Havent even thought of taking on for weeks.

Oh, also - I haven't been able to exercise because I pulled a hip muscle while dance walking to the car at a Steve Miller concert lolol

Its just such a bizarre concept to me, that I might actually be in control of myself.