View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 01:24 PM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Zombie79

Coming to the end of day 27! Today has seemed really long- but in a good way. Sounds strange but I've got so much done and I've felt like I've.made the most of my time. Done loads of cooking and tomorrow going to start trying to eliminate so much chocolate. So plenty of fruit in the fridge:-)

Looking forward to hitting 4 weeks tomorrow. Although part of me is nervous because I think the last time I made a real effort, I lasted til about 34/35 days then thought-" hey, it's Friday, I can handle a night off being sober...." The rest as a lot of people realise then is history and I went from day to day being a functional alcoholic. This time does feel different though because I'm doing a lot more, I'm being more active, I've got a routine and I'm practicing gratitude everyday. I really want to see how better I can be, I want to be able to save money for things I would like. Even little things. Sounds silly but this weekend as I was shopping,I went to an ice- cream shop and got a cone of my fav flavour and walked home, just enjoying it, enjoying the day. When I was drinking, I couldn't do that, couldn't even afford it because I was pissing all my money away on booze, and it wasn't even as enjoyable as the ice- cream I had! It's things like that, that make me so grateful to be sober.