View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 10:29 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
entropy1964

Thanks for the support you guys. Reading your words is like a big virtual hug!

Yes Anna you are right. I need to really be careful about allowing myself to be sucked in. Bottom line, my daughter is staying here for college, not going to Cali. So, no matter how much I weigh the decision to care for my folks, that fact always comes back around. Am I willing to leave her in her first semester of college, when she stayed 'home' so that she can be closer to me? No. I don't think so. She will be living on campus, so she is 'moving out'. But campus is 30 minutes away Pretty sure I'll still be doing her laundry!

Thank you Least! And did I mention my fur babies? My doggy would adjust to moving....I'd just have to make sure my parents don't just let him out all the time. My dad does that. But my kitty? He's old. He's crabby and he loves his sunny window. The room I would be living in literally has no sun. He would have to become 100% indoors and he'd have to be locked in there cause dad letting him out could be disastrous. Not sure he'd make it through that move.

Bimini you always make me feel better. You too August....and I look forward to reconnecting with my AA friends.

Fini I think what I have to let go of is this idea that I can save my parents. I have to realize that there is very little I can do. I have to let my brothers be what they are and not let them get to me. I cannot wait until this transition is over so I can return to pretending I have no family.

Soberrican, Mariposa, Eve, D122 Thanks for reading my long azz post and providing your support. Means so much to me.

Well time to pack for my long azz drive to Cali. Take my doggy to the ex's.

Thanks everyone. Ugh. Can't wait until this is over.......I am going to bring my speaker so I can blast music in my hotel room and dance around like a kid. I can't do that because I never know when my daughter is going to pop in. Kind of embarrassing being caught in the middle of some major air guitar or pretending I'm Lady Gaga!! Haha.