View Single Post
Old 07-05-2019, 02:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
brighterday1234

For me recovery meant and still means freedom from all addictions. If you want to quit then just quit. Don’t buy anymore and do what you gotta do to ride out the first week or so. Quitting smoking is entirely possible and millions of people do it. It’s a rubbish drug anyway and proof of this is that they let you use it whilst employed in the work place. That’s not to say it’s easy obviously but if you’ve given up alcohol then apply what you’ve done there to cigarettes.

It always astonishes me how many at AA are slaves to Nicotine and have worked the 12 steps and are years sober. For me if it were me I’d apply the 12 steps to nicotine the same as I did to alcohol. No judgement just an observation. Live and let live though and I certainly don’t let it concern me in the slightest. I feel though that you won’t get a rock bottom from cigs the same as alcohol until it’s a major health scare which may be irreversible and so the desperation isn’t there for cigs which is why people don’t quit in recovery maybe.

All the best 🙏