View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 02:40 PM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

Originally Posted by Midton View Post
I’m sure you’re correct but ...my first attempt all those years ago was over a hundred days, something I’ve only done twice since. It helped me until I got sick of the taste.

I do have a problem unwinding but it’s a difficult one for me. I finish work around 8 and get home within seconds. I get changed, wash then eat my dinner and by 9 I’m in bed reading normally. Within 20 minutes I’m usually asleep. That is all the time I have at the end of my long day before I’m up at 6 the next morning. I don’t have time for a long bath or a jog. I don’t watch tv and never listen to music at home. I’ve also got my kids acting like Dick Turpin when all I want is a bit of peace and quiet. I want my brain to slow down and I don’t have the time to coax it slowly.

I only eat once a day so my evening meal is kind of relaxing in of itself but water just doesn’t do it.

Any suggestions on how to wind down?
I don't have kids, but I unwind by exercise and by playing or listening to music.

weren't you into geocaching? or was it periscoping? Hobbies can help.

Even a simple change of routine can help. It doesn't look like you have a lot of me time.

I was like that too. Drinking was a way to unwind while also doing something else. That might be ok if you're not an alcoholic but it was destroying me.

Balance is very important to me these days,

Would it make any difficulties if you left work at 7.30 or even 7?

I noticed in another post you felt like your behaviours were the same with NA stuff last night.

The problem with NA stuff for me was the behaviours.

I drank them like real beers and ended up bloated. I drank them like real beers and got annoyed there was no buzz. Then I got the bright idea to swap out one or two of the NA cans for the real thing....

D