View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 07:01 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nubnutlin

Bi-Polar and affairs

Hello,

My wife is bi-polar and has been taking medication for that last 7 years. It has been a very rocky road for our marriage which has caused a seperation between us for almost 5 years. I always have considered myself still being married through out those years and have never went outside of our marriage for companionship. I have been faithful even though I know my wife has had affairs which she denies but I have confirmed. We have dealt with everyone of them and I have forgiven but not forgotten. We have now moved back in with each other so that our daughter who is 7 can try to have a normal life mostly so that I can help out. Through out the years my daughter has been with my wife and has experienced many episodes of suicide attempts, highs and lows and mood swings. She was very young for most of them and I still don't know if they affected her. She has even walked in on sexual encounter with someone other than me. It has been almost 2 years since we have been back together and she is starting again with the affairs. I just found out about the latest over the weekend by going into her phone and checking out her phone messages. I just felt something was wrong. I know that I shouldn't have looked but in my situation I really don't have any trust. Through our conversation over the weekend we discussed the problem and I have given her one more chance. She says that she can't help herself that she feels that she is missing something but doesn't know what it is. Can anyone give me some advice on what I should do? I love my wife and she says she loves me she just can't control herself. I don't won't to get a divorce but if I can't trust her what else is left.

Thanks,