Newbeginning421

Originally Posted by Purina View Post
Day 18 here. Feeling better but I am still falling short in my:

1) House cleaning and organizing
2) Eating healthy meals
3) Finding a job or a way to earn money as self-employed
4) Lifting weights at gym
5) Daily meditation

I dont know whether to "force myself" or to be patient and give myself more time. Im in such a hurry to get perfect NOW even though I was drinking for years and barely made any progress then.

In the past i found that if I push myslef too hard that it actually becomes a demotivator and creates stress and oftentimes leads to picking up a drink. So its a precarious balance. But all day long I complain about my physique and how it is the reason for all my problems and yet i am unable to summon up the motivation to get started working out again and drinking the protein shakes and swallowing all the horse pill supplements.

The lifting weights itself is not so bad, its the "religious meal plan and calorie counting" and the disgusting 3 milkshakes per day that I find most unpleasant.
I took long walks for a month before I started at gym this Monday. I think the key is baby steps a little bit improvement every day. I also want to do everything at once and make up for lost time but have been fighting bouts of tiredness and have been working on psych issues. You will get there while eager think we both have to remember how early we are in sobriety, slow and steady wins the race!