View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 11:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Krazykitty6380

When i say i don't do well in meetings ... I have so much i want to say, but i can't make sense so i ramble. there are a small few people that we meet fro coffee every other week that is like our mini support. they are great! In fact one of them turned me to this very forum.

I try to keep my focus on me - I go out with friends, I have a summer place out of town that i have no issue going alone so i can have the quiet reading time !!

We are very open with each other. no topic is off the table. He talks to me about what he "gets" out of meetings. He talks to me about his X and he pointed out that he feels its odd that she is talking to him so much again. He has pointed it out to me that he reminded her that he IS in a relationship and he is in a good place in his life, they can be friendly for their daughter - but that's the line he is choosing to draw.

I guess the biggest part for me is the loss of physical intimacy. I crave to have him want me like he did before. I fear that the attraction is no longer there, but he assures me that he fells that way - he just doesn't know why it off. I'm so proud of him and how far he has come. We have talked about this, and i don;t want to add more pressure to what he already has on his shoulders. He is back to working full time, had a solid relationship with his daughter, he has been named assistant to the assistant house manager st the SLH....

Again, maybe its me? I usually have the patience of a saint, and i have supported him with boundaries. I just don't know if I am being too selfish wanting to have the physical intimacy?

All of you have been so great!