View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 08:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Krazykitty6380

New to things, Maybe it's just me?

Very new to this forum, but have loved knowing I'm not alone. I don't do well in the "meeting" setting and i'm so blessed to know you are all here.

I met my RABF about a year and a half ago. When we met, he was attempting "self recovery". I had no clue. What a wonderful connection, we are so great together. He has always been kind and patient, loving and it wasn't until about Fall of last year that i started to piece it together that he is and alcoholic. At first i felt guilt because his turning point from refraining from drinking to full on pass out drunk was my birthday. (I have since gotten over that guilt and know better). I was at the point last October to finally tell him this was not working for me, when he made the choice to seek real help.

His mother and I drove him to the ER for detox. He almost died it was so bad. ICU under medical sedation while on a ventilator. Thankfully he has come out and made a full medical recovery. we are still dealing with the esophageal varacies and the cyrosis.

He has did the 30 day Inpatient (over Christmas holidays) and then a 90 day OIP and now has been in Sober living. He is thriving! AA is doing well and he is over 200+ days sober.

All of this sounds great - and it is. Personality wise - he is still my man. He still talks to me everyday (call or text) but i can't help feel that i am slowly being left in a corner? He has a young daughter with his XW - and she is beyond a joy!!! But the X? it seems like she is fining excuses to have him communicate with her more. She is living with another man currently so it all gets sticky.

So basically i don't know if anyone else felt like they don't fit in the picture anymore. He still tells me he loves me, he still makes time here and there - but his daughter (Obviously) and commitments to the SL House come first. I feel like i'm always the last choice and to top it off there has been very very very little intimacy between us since the hospital last October. If there is such a thing, is any of this normal? or does it sound like he is moving on?

Thank you all for listening to my nut case head jumble. I appreciate you all.